Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spare a little candle, save some light for me

"These dreams go on when I close my eyes, every second of the night, I live another life." - Heart


I love band names that are simple yet so effective. The leader must've thought, 'i like Hearts. Oh my god hey why don't we call ourselves that? But if we make it plural, people may compare us to the popular card game, so let's keep it singular!'


I heart Hearts, not the game, the universal symbol for love; i.e the Love Heart. I have quite an obsession with it actually. I have copious amounts of heart-shaped paraphernalia in my room. Like Dave Barry said, there's a fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'. Hopefully in my case, it's not the latter, yet.


Two nights ago I had 3 really really random dreams, each one weirder than the last. I wish there was some way I could interpret them but I can't seem to make head or tail out of any of them!


Dream 1:

Scenario:

I was resting in my room half-asleep and I could hear people talking. It was close to sunrise and I looked around my room sleepily to try and find the source. I noticed there was a tiny light coming from the shelf where I keep all my stuffed toys. All I could hear was "I really killed him, he's gone. I can't undo it, she will never forgive me or play with me again."


I sat up in my bed (in the dream) and noticed it was my toy hedgehog talking. I picked him up and spoke to him. "Who did you kill? Tell me!" The previously motionless toy suddenly sprang to life, "Your father. I killed your father. He's in the tank in the basement."


At this point I dropped the hedgehog and ran down an insanely long flight of stairs, which led to a crazy-ass basement with machines and switches and test tubes and wires (think Dexter's Laboratory). I then saw my dead father floating in a tank full of water with wires around him. This is when I woke up.


Conclusion: This was a terrible nightmare for me. I woke up really upset and frightened. I'm guessing that my sub-conscious was trying to tell me to treasure my daddy more.


Morals of the Story:

1) Do not keep toy hedgehogs. They will kill your father.

2) Make sure you know what's going on in your basement at all times.


Dream 2:

Scenario:

I was walking in a park at night with a few friends of mine and it was extremely creepy. There seemed to be some kind of festival going on and I could hear many sounds but the lights were too dim to see anyone or anything around me. I continued walking and my friends and I came across a bunch of big Australian guys (one of them looked like an ex-boyfriend of mine). They looked like rugby players who could kill you with a thought.


The most freaky-deaky thing? All of them weren't wearing any pants.... or underwear for that matter. I used my hand to avert my eyes (which I probably would have done in real life) and one of them yelled in a really thick Aussie accent "Oi why is she looking away aye? Is she scared or wot?" I walked faster and eventually started running.


I claimed that they were too big to outrun us (no pun intended). Suddenly my friends and I came across a huge fence that was all chained up. Something was trying to break through from the other side. To our dismay, the fence came crashing down and who do we see on the other side? The Pants-less gang of thugs! This is when I woke up.


Conclusion: This one was pretty traumatizing too. Perhaps my sub-conscious mind is trying to put me off the thought of anything sexual.


Moral of the Story:

Always, and I repeat, Always, run like a mofo when you are chased by half-naked men.


Dream 3:

Scenario:

I was singing at a popular club with my housemate and we were totally getting the crowd pumped! We had sing-offs and people were dancing, the energy was fantastic! From out of nowhere, an acquaintance of mine comes up to me and asks if she can sing a few songs. (in real life I don't exactly adore said person so I probably would have been hesitant to allow this)


I discuss it with my housemate and she reluctantly agrees to give her a chance. Without warning, Acquaintance grabs the microphone and starts singing like a songbird, she's so good that she's making us look bad. I look at my housemate and mumble something along the lines of 'oh shit, I think we just lost our job.' Acquaintance gets the whole club dancing and Housemate and I are shunned to the back of the dance floor. We try to get back on stage but people start booing and jeering. This is when I woke up.


Conclusion: Perhaps my sub-conscious mind is encouraging me to be braver when it comes to performing on stage. It wasn't as nerve-wracking as the other two dreams but it affected me nonetheless.


Moral of the Story:

Never, under any circumstances, agree to let someone else sing during your set if you've never heard them sing before.


Well, after those 3 shocking chimeras, I'm intrigued/terrified of what Mr Sandman will bring me tonight. Hopefully more thoughts of rainbows, chocolate fountains and my prince, and less of murderous hedgehogs and rugby players wearing only a smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment