Friday, March 19, 2010

Pet Peeves

Okay, so I like making lists. Good lists, bad lists, random lists that don't really need to be made. This one is ever-growing. And no, I'm not constantly looking out for things that annoy me, it just comes to mind more often than not.

Wiki claims that a pet peeve is a minor annoyance that an individual identifies as particularly annoying to them, to a greater degree than others may find it. So here goes:

1) People who yawn without covering their mouth
2) People who drag their slippers while walking
3) I can't look at people licking the corners of their mouth after they eat (this one's more irksome than annoying)
4) People who walk into you because they're looking at something behind them but they continue to walk forward
5) Personal space invaders
6) Rubbing your fingernail against a piece of paper because your eraser's become too small (brr gives me bad goosebumps)
7) Hearing someone try to scratch their body through a long-sleeved polyester shirt (my old boss used to do it all the time)
8) Guys who think it's okay to grind you from behind, while in a club, before talking to you or even making eye contact first
9) People who ask for your number/exchange numbers with you but have no intentions of calling/meeting you ever again
10) People that press the button for the lift more than once (it's not gonna make the lift come any faster!!)

I think 10 is a pretty healthy number but I'm sure there will be more to come. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment