Saturday, August 24, 2013

Where did our love go? Oh right, to the movies.

It's been two years and too many heartaches since my last post. He wasn't the one after all. Maybe the one that got away.

*Thanks Katy Perry, Pink, Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum, Whitesnake, Journey, Mr Big, Rascal Flatts, Bruno Mars and so many more amazing soppy artists for helping me get through my relationship and break up. (*to be read with a hint of sarcasm and contempt) Sadists.

After watching 500 Days of Summer I realized, we were not meant to be, just like Tom and Summer. I had been lying to myself for almost a year that things would change and get better. That we would grow old together. Phooey.

Well, with that out of the way, I'm trying to start afresh. I went on a soul-searching 'Eat, Pray, Love' type trip to Europe where I basked in the beauty of London and Paris pretty much on my own. I learned that I really don't need anyone to 'survive' and I shouldn't depend on people to make me happy. I belong to me. Word.

I'm starting a new project. Its called The Big 250.

I'm gonna watch every movie in ascending order on IMDB's Top 250 Movies List. That's right. 250.

First things first, I have to buy the DVDs of the titles that I don't already own. After I watch each movie, I'm gonna write a review based on ratings of cheese (how cheesy the movie is [duh]) and chocolate (how sweet it is)

Whoever's already been reading my ramblings up until now, I thank you. For those who are about to, good luck. Think Memento confused you? Just wait. The messed up corners of my twisted mind may not be suitable for those under the age of 16. There, that was my disclaimer. Aside from that, I am open to your comments, opinions and thoughts. I love good movie banter. You may be a cunning linguist, but I am a master debater.

Wish me luck. It's kinda sucky that I don't own the first 10 titles on the list. Amazon, HMV, and Mustafa here I come.

First title: Arsenic & Old Lace. (1944)
Update & Review will be posted as soon as movie has been purchased.

Take it sleazy.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete